Watch the LeMond Deakin Announcement

Click play above to start

Carbon Fiber

A material consisting of thin, strong crystalline filaments of carbon, used as a strengthening material, especially in resins and ceramics. Approximately 90% of carbon fibers produced are made from polyacrylonitrile (PAN). The remaining 10% are made from rayon or petroleum pitch. All of these materials are organic polymers, characterized by long strings of molecules bound together by carbon atoms.

Why Carbon Fiber

  • Carbon fiber parts typically weigh less than one-fourth as much as an equivalent steel part
  • Low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion, allowing it to be used in applications that need high precision through large temperature ranges
  • Fire resistant naturally, and when used with the proper resin can be used as a flame retardant
  • High Fatigue Strength, allowing a much lower loss of strength over the lifecycle of the composite compared to steel or aluminum

Key Advantages:

  • Lower Cost opens doors for industry adoption never before possible
  • Low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion, allowing it to be used in applications that need high precision through large temperature ranges
  • One of the most corrosion-resistant materials available, when coupled with the proper resins
  • Can be molded and shaped, saving time with construction, assembly, and delivery

Markets

LeMond Composites offers solutions for high volume, low cost carbon fiber. By using cutting-edge technologies, LeMond Composites will make carbon fiber accessible accross multiple markets and industries worldwide.

Transportation

Infrastructure

Renewable Energy

Greg LeMond
Chief Executive Officer and Founder
Ed Sears
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer
Tim McCarthy
Chief Commercial Officer
Dean Hendrickson
Head of Manufacturing
Geoff LeMond
Chief Strategy Officer
David Church
Chief Manufacturing Officer
Jamie Riddle
Vice President of Operations
Larry Peters
Vice President of Manufacturing
Mike Hamby
Facility Operations and Maintenance Manager
Chad Miles
Lead Carbon Fiber Engineer
Alex Jacome
VP of Business & Product Development
Scott LeMond
Business and Product Development
Amy Bryant
Accounting
Ben McCarthy
Product Research and Development

Our Company

LeMond Composites will offer solutions for high volume, low cost carbon fiber.LeMond holds a license to a patent-pending carbon fiber manufacturing process, licensed to the company by the U.S. Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory, operated by UT-Battelle, LLC. In addition, LeMond has finalized a licensing agreement with Deakin University’s Carbon Nexus research lab over an exclusive, worldwide license to a technology portfolio containing both a mechanical manufacturing invention as well as unique processes and precursor materials capable of producing both industrial-grade and aerospace-grade fibers at significantly reduced costs.

Contact

Toll-Free: +1.844.622.5750
Phone: 865.415.0626
info@lemond.cc

103 Palladium Way
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
United States of America

Required info missing


Message Sent